Home Remedies for Sun Tanned Skin
The sun’s ultraviolet rays increase production of melanin in the body, which results in sun tanned skin. After getting a sun tan, it is not easy to bring your skin back to a normal state but with patience and care it can be done.
- Lemon Juice
- Lemon is great for curing sun tanned skin due to its natural bleaching properties.
- You can simply apply some fresh lemon juice on the affected skin area and allow it to dry before washing the area with water.
- You can also add some sugar to lemon juice and apply it on the skin. Sugar is an excellent cleansing agent. Do this two or three times a week for fast results.
- Aloe Vera
Aloe vera gel will lighten the skin within a week, if applied daily to the affected area. It also helps cleanse and nourish the skin.
- Apply fresh aloe vera gel on the affected skin areas before going to bed.
- In the morning, wash the skin thoroughly.
Raw potato is an excellent remedy for sun tanned skin, it is rich in vitamin c and hence, works as natural bleach. It also helps soothe sunburn.
- Peel the skin off two to three medium-sized potatoes, cut them into chunks and put them in a blender to make a paste.
- Apply the paste generously all over the affected skin area. Let it dry for about 30 minutes and then wash it off with cold water.
Cucumber juice also helps reduce a sun tan. Cucumbers have a cooling effect that soothes the skin and helps eliminate a suntan. The vitamin C in cucumbers also will help keep the skin well moisturized.
Milk or milk cream can also be used for treating sun tanned skin.
- Put a small amount of milk in a bowl and add a pinch of turmeric and some lemon juice. Apply this solution on the affected areas and allow it to dry completely. Then wash it off with water. This will give you an instant relief from a sun tan.
Sandalwood is a common ingredient in many beauty products. It can also be used for removing a sun tan due to its skin lightening and anti-aging properties. So, it cleanses your skin and helps you maintain a glowing complexion.
A paste made from almonds will cleanse, scrub and lighten your skin tone.
- Soak five to six almonds in water overnight. In the morning, blend the almonds with some milk to make a paste.
- Before bed, apply this paste on the affected areas and leave it on overnight. In the morning, wash it off with cold water.
- Do this daily for the first 15 days and then repeat it twice a week.
You can use these remedies to help reduce sun tanned skin. Be sure also to protect your skin from sun exposure.
- Hair loss
- Hair treatment
- Spots on skin